Top Ten Reasons Why Working Today Rules
10. Some people had already made plans to do stuff on today and therefore couldn't come into work. The office is very quiet.
9. The sidewalks are empty.
8. In the back of everyone's mind is the feeling that coming in today is somehow putting forth extra effort. Attitudes, as reflected by the jeans and flannel attire ensamble on the company president, are relaxed.
7. No line for coffee.
6. I got to see a gaggle of German Tourists this morning.
5. This isn't *exactly* a today thing, but since today was not seen as the start of the work week by most people, the supermarket was empty last night.
4. Weekend/holiday parking rules in effect. Read: Free Street Parking.
3. 6 minute drive from home to free street parking spot.
2. Tonight, the gym will be mine. ALL MINE.
And the number one reason why coming in to work today ruled:
1. At the place I get coffee, they normally have a full breakfast hot bar featuring everything from scrambled eggs to muffins to chipped beef and biscuits. Today, all of the steamers were empty and sitting on a lonely corner of one of the bars was an open box of Krispy Kremes. Wanna breakfast bar? Here's your damned breakfast bar.